* "Michael Seidenberg's Unsolicited Advice for the End Times," The Brooklyn Rail, 11/22
* "World Emergency: On the Fictions of Zac Smith and Mark Baumer,"
The Los Angeles Review of Books, 3/22
* "Nightcap with Gian," The Millions, 6/21
* "Where Gilded Ages Go to Die: Hollywood Returns to the 1930s & '40s,"
The Los Angeles Review of Books, 3/21
* "Modes of Stylish Knowing: On Amy Hungerford's Making Literature Now,"
The Brooklyn Rail, 6/17
* "'To Raise a Hue and Cry': Network at 40," The Los Angeles Review of Books, 10/16
* "The Selling of 'Main Street America': On Daniel de Visé's Andy & Don,"
The Los Angeles Review of Books, 2/16
* "I'm Not That Character in the Movie: Doppelgängers and Fame, an Exploration,"
The Scofield (pg. 162), 2/16
* "The Best Friend There Is: Keeping Time with Brazenhead Books,"
The Millions, 6/15
* "Man of Silicon and the American Future," The Brooklyn Rail, 9/13
* "The Love Carousel," The Millions, 9/13
* "What Is Already Living: Author, Autobiography, and Fiction in the Age of Social Networking," The Rumpus, 10/11
* "Love for Being Itself: On Marina Abramović, Di Fara Pizza, and Chatroulette,"
Electric Literature, 6/10